The Tale of Despereaux (or "ToD", as it's known by its fan) is an award-winning* tale of a loveable** mouse on a quest to restore sunlight, rain, and soup to his troubled kingdom***. Also, it's stupid. Following are a list of awards which ToD should have won:
- Best Movie to Introduce the Concept of "Being Eaten by Rats" to Your Four Year Old
- Most Faithful Rendering of a Lousy Book or Book Series to a Lousier Movie Since Battlefield Earth
- Best Miscasting of High-Caliber Actors and Actresses Since Judi Dench Starred Opposite Vin Diesel
- Lamest Character Names _NOT_ in a George Lucas Movie
- Most Obvious Bid to get Children to Eat Soup!
If you want to sit down and watch a painful movie, or if you just really hate your kids, pick up a copy of The Tale of Despereaux today! If you would then like to salvage your dignity, sanity, or family cohesion, listen to this iRiff while watching the movie!
Tom & Jon
** Big Fat Lie
*** Sadly True
- This iRiff is clean enough to watch with the whole family
- Cheryl and Lily joined us to provide synching support